- Include internal and external expertise in early evaluation of product ideas
- Save time for internal and external experts
Modern software solutions (e.g. innovation platforms) allow to involve selected internal and external experts at an early stage of product ideas. These experts are asked to evaluate product ideas and give some feedback. The evaluation can cover a simple star rating (comparable to amazon) up to an extensive reply to predefined central questions.
Very efficient evaluation of product ideas in early stages of product development.
- Software salutation with rating functionality
- Clearly separate phases of creation of information from phases of evaluation (feedback)
- Allow for quick and easy feedback with the possibility to ask questions to the provider of feedback
- Including other experts too early can "destroy" ideas before their maturity is high enough to seriously being evaluated -> Clear responsibilities and structures how to treat feedback are necessary.
IPEK - Institute of product engineering, Kaiserstrasse 10, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany