On May 15, 2017, Aldo Ofenheimer presented in an interactive talk the Science2Society project to a broader stakeholder group at the 26th International Association for Management of Technology Conference (IAMOT 2017) in Vienna.
The conference attracts over 200 researchers, scholars and industry participants from all over the world and together with them we explored ideas about the subjects of: “Potentials and Pitfalls of Open Innovation and Open Science Projects between Industry, Science, and Society”.
The main findings of the fruitful discussion after the session are:
- to open up the processes to multiple stakeholders
- be careful about idea harvesting
- be aware of cultural differences
- integrate citizens
- make the process transparent and assessing
We want to highlight, that these have been individual opinions of conference participants and we are quite proud to say, that most of the issues are already covered in our 7 pilots. So, stay tuned about the evolvement of our pilots and the Sience2Society project by signing up for our mailing list: http://science2society.eu/content/mailing-list
- Aldo Ofenheimer, i2m Unternehmensentwicklung GmbH, Graz, Austria
- Karoline Schuster, Spirit Design – Innovation and Brand GmbH, Vienna, Austria