Espacenet offers free access to information about inventions and technical developments from the 19th century right up to today. Accessible to beginners and experts, Espacenet contains data on more than 90 million patent documents from around the world. Supporting information can help you understand whether a patent has been granted and if it is still in force.
In any kind of project, and in any phase of the project, where information (scenarios, search of technologies and technology needs, literatures, patents, …) has to collect and analyze.
Prior Art Search: verify patentability of a new invention comparing key technical features of this new solution with relevant prior art in terms of patents, published applications and non-patent literature.
Freedom to Operate Search: verify the risk of infringement of a new product mapping the key technical features of this new product onto the claims of the relevant unexpired patents.
Technology Landscaping Search: verify relevant patent information in a dedicated technology domain to identify main technology trends, areas with third party patents and areas of interest that are relatively free.
You can use Espacenet to:
- Watch new technologies emerge.
- Find solutions to your technical problems.
- Get a sneak preview of what your competitors are developing.
- Machine-translate patent documents using the Patent Translate feature.
1. Idea generation, collection and evaluation (including getting information from previous research, patents, etc.).
2. Development (business case & plan).
3. Implementation (prototyping).
4. Go to market.