How to motivate researchers to share their data and industry to take advantage out of it?
Motivation Existing research data would enable people to develop new forms of policy, businesses and applications which are data driven. However, useful Big data is limitedly available at large scale due to scientists perceiving little benefit of opening their research data – which is their source of scientific reputation. Goal Towards open science 2.0 and providing guidelines and best practices. What we do
- Interviews and surveys with leading stakeholders in research and industry
- Case study, experiences research and workshops
- Scan available Big data repositories
- How to motivate researchers to open up their big research data
- Guidelines and best practices for transferring research Big data between researchers, industry and society.
Uniqueness of the pilot project Open Science 2.0