Open Innovation Marketplace
Many companies and R&T Organizations are already using the Internet and Digital Platforms to develop new Open Innovation processes to find new technology, innovate faster, engage with new external technology organizations more efficiently while building their global trusted network of innovation partners. The use of Digital Platforms at University level can provide direct connections between the university research community and external stakeholders. The main objectives are to (1) improve the process of knowledge transfer into the market in the form of products and services, (2) make research output much more available to the market and (3) provide the research community with an easy access channel to research funding opportunities and collaborative projects from the global market.
If successfully implemented, Universities can better allocate for Intellectual property protection expenditure.
Develop guidelines and processes on how to implement an online university Open Innovation (OI) Marketplace for technology transfer to support universities to facilitate direct connections between university researchers and external partners (e.g. the industry or RTOs).
- Design the online Open Innovation Marketplace (The InnogetCloud.com SaaS tool)
- Set up the OI Marketplace by defining the configuration of the tool (Tool administrator, Content manager, Community Manager and Rules for Engagement
- Launch the OI Marketplace and online communication strategy (Built the community and generate curated content)
- Monitor community and content growth rate.
- Monitor performance and built trust on the marketplace via case studies.
- How implement and manage an Online Open Innovation Marketplace for University – External Partners collaboration.
- How to protect your IP and Confidentiality while operating in an Online Open Innovation Marketplace.
- How to present your technology needs for scouting and technology offers for commercialization.
- How to build your Trusted Network of Innovation Partners.
Setting up the online Open Innovation Marketplace
- Online Open Innovation Marketplace customization and set up. Define and develop the front design and messages. Set up the InnogetCloud.●
Researchers competences profile
- Researchers set up their expertise profile, career achievements, scientific papers and research areas of interest
Structured online presentation of R&D output, IP and capabilities What needs are being addressed? What is the job to be done?
- Presenting research results into a market application is always a challenge for the researcher. On line templates and guides drive researchers to present their research results in a more comprehensive manner for the Industry to depict potential applications for their current and new markets.
- TUDA Technology Transfer Office have to promote the use of the online open innovation and encourage the research community to publish their research results, capabilities, knowhow and patents to be presented to external stakeholders.
Stakeholders’ competences profile
- Stakeholders set up their professional profile and innovation and technology areas of interest.
Stakeholders R&D needs and R&D funding Opportunities presentation:
- Transforming a market need into a technology request is always a challenge for the industry. On line templates and guides drive stakeholders to present their needs for innovative technology, requests for solutions and funding opportunities in R&D projects to invite the university community to directly submit their proposals for evaluation
- External Stakeholders have to actively participate in the marketplace by posting their R&D needs and collaboration opportunities, searching for research results of their interest and contacting with potential partners within the University research community.
- TUDA Technology Transfer Office have to promote the use of the online open innovation and encourage external stakeholders to join the open innovation marketplace to scout for cooperation opportunities with the university research community
Matchmaking & Knowledge Transfer Process How will knowledge be transferred?
- Content curation: The administrator of the Open Innovation marketplace monitor and manage the content that is being posted
- Community building: workshop with peers of different organisations moderated by a facilitator
- Peer-to-peer engagement: cross-company self-assessment online without a facilitator
- Matchmaking: The online open innovation platform (The InnogetCloud) provides mechanisms to facilitate matchmaking among the OI marketplace members:
- AI software
- Tags management system
- Algorithms based on users’ navigation and preferences.
- Automatic email alerts system.
- User’s database management.